The impact of Urbanization is seen in the city in the form of extension of road networks,expansion of fringe areas, clusters of large scale housing, sporadic mega developments like huge commercial complexes, I.T Parks, auto-hub, sports stadium etc. The City today demands a structured growth addressing all the issues related to urbanization such as disintegration of old core areas of the city, traffic congestion, lack of comprehensive public transport system, lack of green spaces, public areas and parks, affordable housing, insufficient and inadequate infrastructure, growth in slums etc. Guidelines are being developed to upgrade existing techniques, bring reforms and frame new policies in regulating development to make Pune a ‘Livable’ city with sustainable neighborhoods.
- Report : Pune Metro Should be Underground in Congested Areas
- Local Area Planning in JM Road
- Local Area Planning in Shaniwar/Narayan Peth
- Impact of 4 FSI policy along Pune metro corridor
- Public Event – Re-inventing our neighbourhoods
- Simplified version of Pune city’s revised Development Plan 2007 – 2027